Saturday, December 04, 2004

So much choice!!!

jus looking at cars on the net at the moment, here's my search... kinda in a dreamy mood at the moment, my mind doesn't lend itself to presence or imminence... it's interesting though, this mindstate... leading me through musings that God already knows that i'm thinking before i think it, knows what i'll choose before i choose it (hmmm, i wonder if i'll even be getting a car?!?) - i don't know what at this stage... vienta looks good...

vienta

would be nice to get one before i'm off to shepparton for a few weeks... ;p but knowing how bad a decision-maker i am, i probably won't be getting a car for a few years... there are probably much better uses for money anyhow...

reminds me of a question on gush tho (visit the "taking it to another level" board, for those not
familiar with it... chelle's post...) - about predestination... how can God know what's going to happen already before time?!? and yet we still have free will?!? - it's really puzzling at first... but if u think about it, we can say that God is changeless, eternal, boundless... the eternal, changeless nature of God means that time is already there before him, all laid out, and "time" to him, is jus like looking at a piece of paper or a table, and seeing the "beginning" at one end, and "the end" at the other... this is why, to God, "a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like a day" - 2 Peter 3:8... - but "time", as we experience it, is that we live in the moment, with the past before us, and the future in front of us, and we're kinda in a frame with fixed mobility parameters... so we still have to make our choices, and we can do so freely, it's jus that God has seen our choices, because of His perception of time differing so much from ours...

anyhow, time to go i think... shall leave u with one of my favourite
psalms, psalm 139...

1 O LORD , you have searched me
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD .

5 You hem me in-behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, [1] you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to [2] me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.

19 If only you would slay the wicked, O God!
Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!
20 They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD ,
and abhor those who rise up against you?
22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.


in Christ,
dave

1 comment:

YN said...

Hi Dave! Not bad not bad... 2 short days and u blog already takes a bit of time 2 scroll. ^^ U seriously think heaps and can also be bothered 2 write heaps. ^^ Always a pleasure 2 catch a glimpse of ur philosophical minds... but trust me 2 be able 2 read and comprehend everything u say do take sometime. ^^ lol yn will check it constantly and slowly digest ur words. Great 2 c u r being an awesome witness 2 God. In Him u can always have ur confidence. Anyway catch u later! ^^