Sunday, November 06, 2005

One week to go...

Last week of undergraduate medicine ahead now! So I'll embark on another week of general practice in Mornington, a term that's truly served to rekindle my optimism about medicine as a career, and reopening general practice as a long term option. I really have nothing to complain about in my life, in fact am feeling so blessed by God about almost everything - so those of you who only really enjoy reading blogs filled with anguish, complaint and confusion, there's not much in this one for you!

Oh, I do have one gripe, hay-fever. It's getting me. My nose is like a river, dammed back only by antihistamines, and an endless chain of tissues. Sniff, sniff.

In a week and a half, I'll have pretty much finished med! It still hasn't fully struck me that I'll be doing this for the rest of my life. My head's undergoing a constant reshuffling, helping me adapt to this mindset, and I'll yet have to keep getting used to the responsibility of a doctor, looking after the lives of patients. And the whole idea that I'll be out of home, earning money - it's something I don't yet know how to imagine well, but I know and pray that God will look after me in this transition.

Other events-wise, will be going to Canada with Sal next month! Really looking forward to it, the cold winter, the long plane flights - but jus the freedom of a time to relax, feeling like there's no great hurriedness to deal with "right now!", and new and interesting places to explore. Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec City, and hopefully get to see some of the national parks - can't wait! God's creation looks wonderful in photos, but doubly amazing when experienced fully. It'll also be a really good opportunity for Sal & I to focus wholly on one another, and on the amazing graces given us by God.

Anywayz, enough abt me - rejoice in the Lord, who rains down blessings from heaven! He who created us knows us so well, He sets everything in place, down to the smallest detail. Because of this, we should have all trust in the love of our God, knowing that He is in control, and that He never forgets a single one of us. And all thanks to Jesus Christ, through whom we are able to understand and relate to our God as He wills, because of His perfect sacrifice!

Psalm 8

O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
above the heavens.

From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise
because of your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.

When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?

You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.

You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet:

all flocks and herds,
and the beasts of the field,

the birds of the air,
and the fish of the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.

O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!

1 comment:

YN said...

God bless you Dave!