Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Chinese New Year!!!

wishing all a happy, blessed Chinese New Year!!! ;p just a short blog today... around this time every year, there's lots of eating to be done, thus ruining any chance of me sticking to my self-imposed resolve to eat less and exercise more... not to say i haven't been exercising... went for a 14km run yesterday (my usual run) - but it turned into a 10km run + 1km walk + 3km run... not a good sign, since i don't usually have trouble getting through the course!!!

but yes, food!!! ;p too much of it, in fact... huge home dinner last night, prawns, ham, mushrooms, vegetables, rice, hmmmz... even curry, but i didn't have any of that since i had far too much on my plate already... there was a huge juicy rockmelon afterwards... so tired, after having run and then eaten, i could do nothing but find my bed and sleep!!! ;p

fortunately, i'd recovered by today... Chinese New Year!!! the rooster crows, and it's another reminder that my mother's going to be turning a multiple of twelve this year (i shan't disclose) ;p since she's a proud rooster herself... enjoyed a nice dinner and movie tonight with Sal, although we were caught up running after trams and running to the kino, to ensure we weren't locked out!!! saw Vera Drake, a movie that tackles the issue of abortion and its complex facets in the setting of post WWII England... quite impressed actually, by the way that it doesn't try to oversimplify the issue, nor make any loud statement on an issue that's clearly not black and white... it's littered with ironies as well, and the characters are neat caricatures, conveniently tied in a web of relations for the sake of the movie, diverse enough to cover a range of viewpoints... recommended viewing!!!

;p anywayz, before i sign off, shall leave you with a psalm that is very thought-provoking... it talks about "bloodguilt", and says "surely I was sinful at birth", which some would say is referring to soul ties that are handed down from generation to generation... it goes deeper than soul ties though, since we are all sinful by nature ever since the first man, Adam, and none of us can declare ourselves on our own to be without sin... this psalm is a very strong reminder of our need to remember God in our lives first, that our sin is against God, and that we need to submit ourselves to Him... but our God, in His infinite love and mercy, has granted us a way to come back to Him and receive forgiveness, through Jesus Christ... so shall rededicate life to God, and be submissive to Him in all things, for we need God, as always, and forevermore, and in Him we shall find our dwelling place!!! ;p

God bless,
dave

Psalm 51

1 Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.
4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you are proved right when you speak
and justified when you judge.
5 Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
6 Surely you desire truth in the inner parts;
you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.

7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
8 Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
9 Hide your face from my sins
and blot out all my iniquity.

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners will turn back to you.
14 Save me from bloodguilt, O God,
the God who saves me,
and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.
15 O Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth will declare your praise.
16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart,
O God, you will not despise.


1 comment:

FLuFFy_BuG said...

;p hehe... short blog - yes... i suppose tho, it's very short compared with my perth blog (which is coming very soon!!!) ;p

kolin, many thx for the tix to vera drake!!! was very kind of u!!!